Trade in Your Used Books
BEGINNING MAY 30, 2021
BOOKIT NOOK WANTS YOUR PREVIOUSLY LOVED BOOKS!
- Books will be accepted Sunday + Monday ONLY from 11:00am – 3:00pm (or until the daily quota has been met)
- Only 1 medium tote bag of books accepted per person, per day (no exceptions!)
- We will assess the books, then make an offer for in-store credit (this may take 15 min - 2 hours)
- You must either accept or refuse the offered credit in-person at the store (signature required)
- You must pick up any unaccepted books on the same day you bring them in
- We will apply the credit to your Frequent Buyer Account (name & phone number required)
- Used book credit may be used to purchase anything in-store!
BookIt Nook takes in your used books for in-store credit only. We do not offer cash.
Used Book Trade-in Hours
- We take in used books ONLY on SUNDAY and MONDAY from 11am-3pm. No exceptions!
- Used book trade-in hours are subject to change.
What You Do
- Bring your books in during our trade-in hours and a bookseller will look at them ASAP.
- We are only accepting one (1) grocery-sized tote bag at a time.
- Timing of trade-in process varies day to day. It could take just 5 minutes, or 10-15 minutes, or several hours if there are others ahead of you.
- If you need to leave the store before your books have been sorted, please tell us what time you will return. (This must be on the same day before we close.)
- Unless we've pre-authorized it, bags may not be left overnight. Our holding space is limited.
- If you do not pick up rejected books within a week, or acknowledge the credit, you forfeit your books and your credit. We cannot hold books indefinitely, nor do we apply credit to your account unless it is approved by you.
What We Do
- We will go through the books and make an offer of in-store credit. We will not call with the offer.
- You will either accept or refuse the credit amount. You must do this in-person, and not over the phone. A signature will be required to compete the trade-in and apply credit to your account.
- The in-store credit is generally available for you to use straightaway, or within 24 hours.
- The amount you receive will be highly subjective and will not be negotiable.
- You are required to take away rejected books after we are done looking at them.
- There are several places we can refer you to that accept donations. Local public libraries or Little Free Libraries are the most excellent options. Goodwill or Fishline frequently also take books.
- Trade credit never expires and does not require you to keep any sort of voucher. It may be used for the purchase of new or used product in the store. Your credit is added to your BookIt Nook Frequent Buyer account. If you do not have an account, a name and phone number are all that is required to create one. We take privacy seriously and will never use your information for any purpose other than to access your account, and we will never sell or lend it to any third party.
What We Look at in Your Bag
- Condition: We do not accept books that contain highlighting; water damage, mold, or other stains; discoloration; odors of any kind; a previous owner's inscriptions or writing on the pages; previous library copies; book plates, stamped pages, or other marks; books with torn pages, excessive edge wear, or creases along the spine. If one book is moldy in a bag, the entire bag may not be accepted.
- Unpriced books: We do not accept advanced reader copies (ARCs, marked “not for sale”); book club or school editions; any other unpriced book not mentioned here.
- Popularity: We do not accept textbooks; encyclopedias or other reference sets; hardcover titles that are available in paperback; games/puzzles; magazines; DVDs or CDs; audiobooks.
- Current stock: We may be overstocked on a particular title; in which case it will not be accepted.
Thank you for entrusting BookIt Nook with your previously loved books!